Reliable hot water for happy homes
Rebates and qualifications
Heat pump water heater (tier 1)
Heat pump water heater (tier 2 and above)
Trade ally rebates are available, click here for details.
Ensure home qualifies:
- Must be existing home, not new construction.
- Work completed must comply with all building codes and standards.
Requirements for heat pump water heater:
- Work must be self-installed or completed by a Program-Eligible Plumbing Contractor.
- Self-installed heat pump water heaters only qualify for customer rebate, not contractor rebate.
- Unit must be on the Qualified Products List at the time of purchase.
- Unit must be installed according to specifications as outlined in the Idaho Technical Specifications Manual.
- Previous water heater must be an electric storage water heater (rebate does not apply when replacing an existing heat pump water heater).
Additional program rules:
- Submit all documents online so they are received within 90 days of the qualifying service completion date.
- Equipment must be installed within 90 days of purchase.
- Homes are eligible for one unit per service address. If a customer is applying for two units or more, please contact the program before applying as additional information is required.
- Rebate cannot exceed the total cost of the project.
- If a customer reserved a Wattsmart instant coupon, an online or paper application is considered ineligible for a rebate.
- For customers applying for multifamily properties, please contact the program at email@example.com for details on how to apply.
Required documents for online submission:
- Heat pump water heater application, completed and submitted.
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice.
Rebates are subject to Idaho Utilities and Transportation Commission approval and may change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Idaho who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 1 or 36 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Idaho where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 1 or 36 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070.
Prior to starting a project, find and contact a participating plumbing and heating contractor. Note that some rebates require a qualified contractor to install your new equipment. Review the eligibility requirements, rebate qualifications and the list of required documents with your contractor before submitting your rebate application.
Please include the following with your online application:
- Your Rocky Mountain Power account number.
- Digital image of your itemized receipt or contractor’s invoice.
- Complete and submit your online application within 90 days of installation.
- Your rebate will be issued within 14 business days after we review and approve your application. Missing information may delay processing and delivery.
- Please enter your service address and account number exactly as it’s shown on your bill. You can find this information in the areas indicated below.