Retrofit your furnace with an efficient motor
Every furnace needs a fan motor to circulate air throughout a home – but not all motors work the same. Standard motors typically run at preset speeds, which uses more energy than needed and creates uneven temperatures. Electronically commutated motors (ECMs) adjust to your home’s heating and cooling needs while using up to 50 percent less energy than standard furnace fans.
Rebates and qualifications
|Equipment purchases and services
ECM on existing furnace
Trade ally rebates are available, click here for details.
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be an existing home, not new construction.
- Work must be completed by a Program-Qualified HVAC Contractor listed on the Program-Eligible HVAC Contractors List.
- Must be an ECM replacing an existing gas furnace permanent split capacitor (PCS) motor.
- Must be electrically cooled with a central air conditioner or ducted evaporative cooler serving at least 80 percent of the home’s conditioned living area.
- One motor per furnace being applied for.
Additional program rules:
- Submit all documents so they are received within 90 days of the qualifying service completion.
- ECM must be installed within 90 days of purchase.
- Rebate cannot exceed 50 percent of the project costs.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Wyoming who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 2 or 18 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Wyoming where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 2 or 18 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070.
Please include the following with your online application:
- Your Rocky Mountain Power account number.
- Digital image of your itemized receipt or contractor’s invoice.
- Complete and submit your online application within 90 days of installation.
- Your rebate will be issued within 14 business days after we review and approve your application. Missing information may delay processing and delivery.
- Please enter your service address and account number exactly as it’s shown on your bill. You can find this information in the areas indicated below.