Go ductless and find your comfort zone
Make the move to a ductless heat pump and earn cash back on your purchase. It’s a simple upgrade that’s far more efficient than baseboards and wall heaters. Enjoy savings of up to 50% on your heating and cooling costs, and with no invasive ductwork, installation is easy and affordable.
Check out these resources to learn more about ductless technology:
Rebates and qualifications
|Equipment purchases and services
Single-head and multi-head ductless heat pump
Ducted mini-split heat pump
Supplemental ductless heat pump
Trade ally rebates are available, click here for details.
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be an existing single family home to qualify for a single-head or supplemental ductless heat pump.
- Must be an existing single family or multifamily home to qualify for a multi-head ductless heat pump.
- Gas, oil, wood, pellet stoves, and propane system conversions do not qualify.
Additional requirements for single-head ductless, multi-head ductless and ducted heat pumps:
- Minimum 9+ HSPF, 15 SEER.
- Work must be completed by a Program-Eligible or Qualified Contractor.
- Ductless heat pump must be a new mini-split system.
- Ductless heat pump must employ an inverter driven outdoor compressor unit and a variable-speed fan for indoor blower and be fully ductless.
- Previous primary heat source must have been a permanently installed electric resistance heating system (e.g. electric baseboard, electric ceiling/wall heat or electric forced air furnace) serving at least 80% of the home’s conditioned area.
- New heat pump must be the current primary heat source and must service at least 80% of the home’s conditioned living space.
- Rebate is not offered to customers replacing an existing ducted heat pump or air source heat pump.
- Equipment must be installed according to specifications outlined in the Idaho Technical Specifications Manual.
- Equipment must be listed on the AHRI Certified Directory ahridirectory.org.
Additional requirements for supplemental ductless heat pumps:
- Minimum 9.0 HSPF, 15 SEER.
- Gas heated homes qualify.
- Ductless heat pump must be used as a supplemental heat source for cold spots or for a new/bonus room.
Additional program rules:
- Submit all documents so they are received within 90 days of the qualifying service completion date.
- Equipment must be installed within 90 days of purchase.
- Rebate cannot exceed the total cost of the project.
- Homes are eligible for one unit. If a customer is applying for two units or more, please contact the program before applying as additional information is required.
- For customers applying for multifamily properties, please contact the program for details on how to apply.
- Ductless heat pump application, completed and signed.
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice.
- AHRI certificate.
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account.
Rebates and qualifications are subject to Idaho Public Utilities and Transportation Commission approval. All rebates are subject to change with 45 days’ notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Idaho who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 1 or 36 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Idaho where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 1 or 36 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070.
Prior to starting a project, find and contact a participating heating and cooling contractor. Note that some rebates require a qualified contractor to install your new equipment. Review the eligibility requirements, rebate qualifications and the list of required documents with your contractor before submitting your rebate application. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance.
Please include the following with your online application:
- Your Rocky Mountain Power account number. Digital image of your itemized receipt or contractor’s invoice.
- Complete and submit your online application within 90 days of purchase.
- Your rebate will be issued within 14 business days after we review and approve your application. Missing information may delay processing and delivery.
- Please enter your service address and account number exactly as it’s shown on your bill. You can find this information in the areas indicated below.