Welcome summer comfort and savings
Beat the summer heat and save with efficient central air conditioning. Earn cash back on central AC systems designed to keep you and your energy bill in a comfortable place. Program-qualified systems are approximately 15% more efficient than standard central AC solutions.
Rebates and qualifications
|Equipment purchases and services
Central air conditioner
Trade ally rebates are available, click here for details.
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be an existing home, not new construction.
- Work completed must comply with all building codes and standards.
Requirements for central air conditioners (CAC):
- Minimum 15 SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) with proper installation and sizing
- Work must be completed by a Program-Qualified HVAC Contractor listed on the Program-Eligible HVAC Contractor List.
- Work must be completed in accordance with the specifications outlined in the Wyoming Technical Specifications Manual.
- Equipment must be a new, air source-split system equipment with a matching condensing unit and evaporator coil or packaged unitary air conditioner.
- SEER determined by AHRI (Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute) Standard 210/240 and listed in the AHRI Certified Directory of Unitary Equipment: ahridirectory.org.
- AHRI Standard Rating Cooling Capacity of 65,000 BTU/hr (5.4 tons) or less.
- Equipment must meet airflow requirements of 350 CFM (Cubic Foot per Minute).
- Refrigerant charge within +/- 3 degrees of target sub-cooling.
- Equipment must be properly sized per program requirements.
- Window air conditioning units, packaged terminal units, and heat pumps are not eligible.
Additional program rules:
- All required documents must be submitted online or postmarked within 90 days of the qualifying service completion date.
- Homes are eligible for one unit. If a customer is applying for two units or more, please contact the program before applying as additional information is required.
- Equipment must be installed within 90 days of purchase.
- Rebate amount cannot exceed the total cost of the project.
- For customers applying for multifamily properties, please contact the program for details on how to apply.
Required documents for online submission:
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice.
- AHRI certificate.
- Manual J or equivalent load calculations.
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Wyoming who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 2 or 18 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Wyoming where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 2 or 18 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070.
Prior to starting a project, find and contact a qualified heating and cooling contractor. Note that some rebates require a qualified contractor to install your new equipment. Review the eligibility requirements, rebate qualifications and the list of required documents with your contractor before submitting your rebate application. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance.
Please include the following with your online application:
- Your Rocky Mountain Power account number.
- Digital image of your itemized receipt or contractor’s invoice.
- Complete and submit your online application within 90 days of installation.
- Your rebate will be issued within 14 business days after we review and approve your application. Missing information may delay processing and delivery.
- Please enter your service address and account number exactly as it’s shown on your bill. You can find this information in the areas indicated below.