Welcome summer comfort and savings
Beat the summer heat and save with efficient central air conditioning. Earn cash back on central AC systems designed to keep you and your energy bill in a comfortable place. Program-qualified systems are approximately 15% more efficient than standard central AC solutions.
Rebates and qualifications
|Equipment purchases and services
Central air conditioner equipment
Central air conditioner equipment
Trade ally rebates are available, click here for details.
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be an existing home, not new construction.
Central air conditioner:
- Work must be completed by either a Program-Eligible or Qualified Contractor.
- Equipment must be installed according to specifications as outlined in the Idaho Technical Specifications Manual.
- Equipment must have a minimum efficiency of 15 SEER, 12.5 EER.
- Equipment must be a new, air-source split or packaged unitary air conditioner with an Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) Standard Rating Cooling Capacity of 65,000 BTU/hr (5.4 tons) or less. The AHRI Directory can be found online at ahridirectory.org.
- All HVAC equipment rebates require an Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) certificate to qualify The AHRI Directory can be found online at ahridirectory.org.
Additional program requirements:
- Rebate amount cannot exceed the total cost of the project.
- Homes are eligible for one unit. If a customer is applying for two units or more, please contact the program before applying as additional information is required.
- All required documentation must be postmarked within 90 days of the work completed date.
Required documents for online submission:
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice.
- AHRI certificate.
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account.
Rebates are subject to Idaho Utilities and Transportation Commission approval and may change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Idaho who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 1 or 36 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Idaho where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 1 or 36 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070.
Prior to starting a project, find and contact a participating heating and cooling contractor. Note that some rebates require a qualified contractor to install your new equipment. Review the eligibility requirements, rebate qualifications and the list of required documents with your contractor before submitting your rebate application. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance.
Please include the following with your online application:
- Rocky Mountain Power account number.
- Digital image of your itemized receipt or contractor’s invoice.
- Complete and submit your online application within 90 days of purchase.
- Your rebate will be issued within 14 business days after we review and approve your application. Missing information may delay processing and delivery.
- Please enter your service address and account number exactly as it’s shown on your bill. You can find this information in the areas indicated below.